Sunday, November 15, 2015

Snippets: A Farewell Shot for Penang



I posted this photo on my Instagram last August 22 as a quick update of our Malaysia-Myanmar trip since I knew uploading other pics will take over a month after our arrival. It's actually the 4th photo I uploaded on my IG account since it took years of convincing before I finally decided to add another social media account. I posted it with no caption, just the hashtag "wanderlust".

The pouch is one of our products under Teacup Ideas. The horse is an original artwork I did for our coloring book. It's one of those few pieces that I'm actually proud to show off and claim as my own. I did a lot of research as reference, but the steampunk idea with an industrial city thriving in its belly is one of those out-of-the-blue moments after a self-pressured brainstorming activity. It took me three days to finish the artwork, and it's actually a full body short of a horse with a blimp chasing after it from behind, but I cropped it down for the layout of the pouch.


The background of Two Kids on a Bicycle is actually one of the more popular murals in Penang. I also have a picture of me on the actual wall getting a back ride with the little boy looking squished by my ass, but that's for another post. I was on the plane and we were about to land back to Kuala Lumpur after staying for three days in Penang when I decided to snap the photo using my cellphone, hence the grainy quality. It's the in flight magazine of Air Asia and they did an article on Penang with the title Appetite for Travel. I can still remember the panic I had when the concept popped into my head only after the captain had made orders to ready ourselves for landing. I had to briskly turn the page, set up the pouch with my passport and ticket peeking out for drama and take a couple of quick shots before the flight attendant could catch me with my table unsecured. 

No comments: