Thursday, November 19, 2015

I Was Made For Loving You by Madilyn Bailey



It was around last week when I noticed a new-yet-familiar-sounding song being dubsmashed in Kalyeserye...I never got to catch the lyrics during the episodes, yet the melody and the voice of the singer got me curious. After some time spent aimlessly browsing on Twitter yesterday I saw what I was hoping for, the title. It's "I Was Made For Loving You" by Tori Kelly feat. Ed Sheeran...and a whole night of looping the song started from there. 

Tonight's my second night of LSS...and it's wrrraagggghhh! when you listen to the same song a dozen times over but cannot stop that need to repeat it one more time. I was actually on the MRT when the urge to listen to the song came to me that I hurried back home because I don't have it on my cellphone. I know, it's just a temporary addiction. At one point I started to search for covers of the song, and there were some good onesbut thisTHISgave me goosebumps, like real GOOSEBUMPS that I have to twitch my neck when she reaches certain parts and notes, especially right at the end when she unhumanly belches out the lines, "But I was made for loving you." Urghhh! I feel like the hairs on my arms have been raising and falling in chaotic symphony for the last several minutes now. 

I am forever grateful to YouTube that artists (amazingly non-linear ones) are now being discovered without being screened with repetitious formulas by capitalists industries. The music scene is now immensely diversified as compared to pre-YouTube times. And I am just happy I get to drown myself in their music (original and covers alike) as much as I want to.

Here's the chorus of the song that I love so much by the way:



I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you


Too much feels. So serendipity-driven.

No comments: