Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Snippets: Armi Millare



Taken April 26, 2014 in BGC for the first Satchmi Vinyl Day...it was one of the most awesome night of free music under the stars. The event composed of eleven bands which started from 4pm down to midnight. It was indeed a good night of great music. 

I went with a couple of friends who willingly came when I showed them the lineup of bands that would be playing in the event. It came as a shock when Up Dharma Down came up on stage as the front actno one saw it coming, especially my friends who decided to arrive late that day. Bwahaha! Some arrived only to hear the last two songs, while there were those who completely missed it. Good for them! It was also a pleasant surprise to hear the band play an entire set and not just two or three songs. That moment was surreal, especially when I was standing so close to the stage that the rest of the world felt like a blur; just the music and Armi as she sang through the lines of their songs felt present that day. Yep, Tadhana is one of my favorite local songs EVERRRRRRRrrrr!! And of course, I consider UDD as one of the coolest bands around, up to par with other bands I like internationally.

Lately...like the past several days, I've also been amused by their feature song on Oreo's Sing With Me together with Zee Avi of Malaysia and GAC of Indonesia. I have been intently looping the video several times now because it's just not long enough to satisfy my ears. I love Oreo's new advertising campaign by the way.




No comments: