Friday, November 20, 2015

Random Advice on Secrets



It's one of those random moments when your system is longing to let something off your chest but you know it could get you in trouble someday if done unfashionably discrete. My friends would always say, "I just want to go away, scream at the top of my lungs and shout all the frustrations away." There are sentiments that can be shared, but there are certain secrets that should not be kept within the confines of the visible world...and so saying it out loud for the spirit of universe to hear is ultimately safer than keeping it in your blog or journal. What if someday, the world will conspire and reveal it just because you have kept an existing proof of that supposed secret? Will self-loathing and eternal regret be a worthy option?

***

On a side note, the background is a photo I shot on top of the Shwesandaw Pagoda in Bagan, Myanmar. It's one of those things that when I look back in reflection, I still could not believe that I managed to stand in that place sometime in my life. Just one of those items in my bucketlist that seem to have gotten a check sooner than I thought...and to think I only came to know about Bagan last year. It's just a feeling of gratitude and disbelief whenever I stare at the photos I took. 

No comments: