Sunday, November 22, 2015

Designer Blooms Cafe



I realized that it's been a while since the last time I managed to post about a cafe. There have been quite a lot of new ones and a couple of those that I've been to, it's just that I haven't gotten around into taking respectable photos of them. In any case, Designer Blooms Cafe is one of those cafes that have been around for a while and I've been wanting to go to, but the idea of travelling all the way to Alabang has cut my interest short...until my brother managed to convince me during one of his visits to the house he'd be constructing in Calamba. How? Because I like the location of the house and I wanted to see the view again, plus the company car was available to service us. Yey!

Designer Blooms Cafe in an offshoot from the actual Designer Blooms flower shop in Megamall. The charm of the cafe is that they also sell their beautiful flowers in the coffeeshop. The interior of the cafe is bright with mismatched furniture to give it that foreign appeal, especially with the use of rustic decors.



This is taken from the far end of the cafe while I was sitting on the sofa in wait.


A charming nook right next to the glass entrance...but it gets hot during noon.


Another angle of the small cafe from the opposite end of the room.



Their menu is simple and is priced at an average of a category I would call "a-little-bit-expensive-but-reachable-rates." You'll spend around Php400 for a drink and a dish. The coffee was cheap, but the cakes costs more than Php200.00 for a slice which was grrrr! It tasted okay, kinda nice...except that I can also taste that taste you get when food has been hanging out in the refrigerator for some days.

The location is a nice spot to hang out either early morning or late afternoon because the sun was just blazing all the way from Molito's entrance, down to the insides of the cafe. There's no shade going to the cafe and we had to endure some burns before finally making it inside.

The cafe is a pleasant hangout when you want chitchat with friends, alone time here is not that recommended though...it's just the way the layout is put. There's also a second floor with extra seating, but I didn't bother going up.

They also provide cut-out sheets from adult coloring books for you to color on while waiting for the food or your coffee to brew. Well...it was bad...the turnout of my brother's coloring I meanfor shame! 


Strawberry Shortcake (Php220.00) It tasted buttery with the frosting
tasting like strawberry compote folded in whipped cream.




My only contribution to this masterpiece is the black crayon scribbled on
one side which is quite a tasteful execution of  a good vandal.

And just to show you, here's a photo of the house my brother designed so you'll get why I like going there sometimes when he checks up on it. It's the view! It's awesome! You get to see a whole lot of Laguna from the balcony, and the sunset is also fantastic. Going here, I realize why some people choose to live in Laguna even if it's a long drive away from the metro. You get a sense of place without the congestion of layering neighbors and noise/air pollution.  



No comments: