Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Optimist vs a Realist

Here is a random conversation I had with my mom years ago:


Me: My best friend is planning the wedding of her aunt, she said the guy she'll be married to is foreign. 

Mom: Where are they getting married?

Me: Well, the guy and his family will be flying over to Bacolod for the wedding. Ain’t it sweet?

Mom: Smart girl, she knows there’s no divorce in the Philippines. 


At first reaction in my mind then went something like, "What are you talking about!? Why are you thinking like that? Can't you just be happy for them!? You're being too negative." 

Now, looking back...girl's got a point. A valid one at that. 

Am I becoming my mother!?!?!? 

For now, I'll just say that I'm still an optimist; maturity just happen to have taught me to try and look at the other side of the coin as part of becoming a logical adult.

No comments: