Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dragons of Atlantis




If I have an excuse for not getting anything done since last week, it's because of this game. It takes up so much of my time especially at night that I'm seriously considering of giving up on the game soon...but not before I could march into battle with my dragon. Maybe by next week or so...

This is a real-time strategy RPG that involves different races, building an army of several thousands, fortifying your castle, expanding your empire, finding allies within your realm, going into strategic battles, and raising your dragons to be the ultimate conqueror. It starts out pretty quick with building houses and farms within a couple of seconds to eventually leveling them up that can take you days to accomplish. 







The game play is pretty straightforward...reminds me of the fantasy version of Age of Empires...except that you don't get to see the actual battle. You just make calculations, launch an attack, and hope that the battle report says Victory! Other than that, what you see are pretty digital paintings of what your army looks like but never actually see them move like most action-RPGs...except for your dragons--the dragons move! Thank goodness! Because it's the only thing animated in the entire game! Just imagine yourself staring at a still screen waiting for hours to get your construction done...it gets quite boring at some point. 

Still, this is a good game that helps me preoccupy myself every now and then without the involvement of stress...except for the waiting part. Another irritating thing to playing the game is the constant refreshing that it really sucks especially when a move is cancelled because it suddenly restarted. And the music...well...if you can just imagine a tune looping for hours it makes you kinda want to mute it.

Personally, I like the game...but at some point you do feel like it isn't free despite of being so simply because to attain certain troops and complete buildings you will to acquire items that are reaaaaaally hard to get by and you will have to purchase it online. There's a reason why Facebook took the game under its wing. It has a lot of following and promise. I play the game on y8.com and the odds are in their favor with 91+% of the players like the game.

And by the way, I chose to play a male character as I usually would because the character design is way cooler than the female ones. Plus, I named him one of my favorite names, Israfel. Also, I am in alliance with Behind the Enemy Line...just so you know. I'm going back to my game now...I think I just won an attack. 





No comments: