Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Insidious 2



At a time when I was in need of a serious scare, I ended up laughing. Not necessarily a comedy, but when a friend suddenly yells, "si Ms.Minchin!" after the ghost slaps a little kid wearing a wig and growls, "Don't you dare!" it does tend to be funny.

I never got to watch Part 1, but I think I get Part 2 without having to see it. There are several parts intertwining the two movies, and it impressed my friends who watched the first movie. Me? It was okay. 

There are a couple of scary scenes, this one in particular:






Seeing a room full of bloody corpses covered in white sheets was quite an eerily scary thing to look at. Other than that, there was no intention of the movie to scare the audience because they injected slightly comical scenes...and the ghosts weren't ghost at all! The were full-bodied apparitions, nothing gory...just heaps of bad makeup. Although I did like the premise of using out-of-the-body experience and seeing another dimensional plane. 

The ending gave obvious clues that there will be a Part 3.

And if I may say so myself, the chilling hair-raising horror was the deafening sound and blinding colors of the title when they flashed it at the start and end of the movie. Kinda reminded me of those old Pinoy films with terrible effects.


The ghost of Miss Minchin! "DON'T YOU DARE!!"

No comments: