Friday, October 4, 2013

Shoe Problems



I need new shoes. Three new shoes later, I still need new shoes...WHY!?!?! I'm not into stilettos because I curse heels as my feet hate them, and I'd rather be stuck with my meager height than having to go through with the pain of aching toes, sole, ankles, and spirit. I go for comfy rubber shoes instead since I do tend to walk a lot...it wasn't until a few months ago that I got to experience the wonders of chucks. 

I was so happy with them Muji shoes, so light and bendable...until I saw its edges start to crack after six months of constant use...like twice to thrice a week, walking an average of 2kms per use. Although it cost Php1500.00 for a pair of teal-colored chucks...I didn't get to roughen it up enough before it started falling apart. And they do tend to have bad friction as I get recurring fears of falling on my butt every time I walk on wet tiles with them. No photo of the Muji shoes, they're quite dirty now.

It wasn't until last week that it occurred to me, I need new shoes as I felt a pain on the balls of my ankles, so I bought the Sketcher's Go Walk for Php3,200+ and they feel awesome because it feels like your feet don't touch the ground. When I first walked on it, I almost felt like jumping, sprinting, frolic on them...a week later my right toe has this huge kalyo (callus)...but I love the shoes so much that I'm keeping my kalyo. Plus, it's also waterproof! The very reason why I bought them in the first place! Now I can run and jump on puddles without wetting my feet! A perfect pair for this rainy season...so I use them to work everyday and walk on paddles with ease.

Then I bought Ellesse simply because they were on sale for only Php800.00 at ResToeRun...that's a 70% discount! So I bought it because I want the brand...although I'm not so much into the color. True enough, I wore it out once and I can already spot stains on it. At least it's comfortable enough to walk in. There is nice friction, but a little risky to walk on wet tiles.

And my newest addition to my growing shoe collection, the Reebok Slimtone which I haven't used yet since I bought them on sale just this morning. It cost me Php1,300.00 from it's original Php3,995.00. I'm soooo in love with the color! <3 <3 <3 Aqua and teal with a combination of either brown, grey, or white is my favorite pretty-thing-to-look-at right now. So I'm basically looking for items with those tones, and this one hit me right on the sweet spot. Nice! I'm gonna take it out for a walk tomorrow. <3

But I still need new shoes...

No comments: