Sunday, October 13, 2013

Gravity



Gravity has intrigued me with its trailers since I first saw it. Effective teaser. Then I found even more reason to watch it because it's Sandra Bullock, then George Clooney. Yes, Sandra Bullock played more interesting roles than Mr. Clooney whose character is one-dimensional more often than not. One sad fact about watching this movie is that I didn't get to watch it in 3D. It could have gone from a 9 to an 11 out of 10 had I seen it in 3D...oh regret, I feel you.

It's one of the very few 2013 movies that actually got a 97% critic approval rating in Rotten Tomatoes...and those guys are vicious. They also got pretty high grades in other movie websites.

The setting may be out there, but Sandra's in-your-face acting was controlled enough not to set you off the edge. The story gives you a different perspective on a glimpse of man's nature represented through Ryan. If it wasn't such a big budget film with big screen names, I could have mistaken it for an indie film with how it was presented. The movie scared me more than Insidious 2 because the fear I felt was raw. Although the possibility of me being in the same situation as Ryan is as remote as me going to space, it made me feel glad I didn't pursue on my dream of becoming an astronaut. I've never seen space more up-close than this, and it is beautiful as it is dangerous. 

Note to self: Don't go to space.

The camera at times would shift into a first-person view that will either amaze you or freak you out. But mostly it's otherworldly. There's a lot of buzz from critics, all for a simple reason...it's a good watch. They did good. Nuff said. Watch it. 



No comments: