Monday, September 23, 2013

Sun Wah Panciteria Restaurant



I discovered Sun Wah Panciteria back when I was in college and it was only a few months ago that I got to know the name of the place. Before that I only knew three things: they have a black pig outside their resto, they serve an awesome kick-ass pancit canton, and that a single serving is impossible to consume alone. When I chanced by the area last July, I made sure I read the name this time. It turns our to be:




Okay...I think I've mentioned the name twice so this is no surprise.


Sun Wah Panciteria Caterer was established in 1955, so you can only expect that the food they serve is old-style cooking and have an old-world taste. Although the place seems to be frozen in time with a lackluster ambiance as compared to other restaurants, they more than make-up with the taste of their food and the affordability of it. Considering that a regular size pancit canton costs Php183.00 and is good enough to be shared by up to three people, I say it's a bargain. 


Their pancit canton is heaped with toppings.

Their pork asado bun is bigger than your average bun.

For Php60.00 and that meat, it's rather cheap.


The food it packed with flavor and meat. It shines like the kind you see in Cooking Master Boy or Yakitate Japan that has a sunburst effect the moment they place it on your table. And when you bite into the bun or take a mouthful of pancit, you do a scream-like pose at the delight exploding into your mouth. Yep, it's that good.



I never saw the place packed, and it's a good thing on my part.

If you spot this pig on the street you know you're in the right place.


747 Florentino Torres St., Sta. Cruz Manila 1003

No comments: