Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Croods VS Epic




Both movies premiered around the same time, so I missed both. It wasn’t until last week that I finally got to watch them.

Here’s a quick narration of the movies:

The Croods is about getting from Point A to Point B with life-lessons to be learned in between. Point A is the cave, Point B is paradise.

Epic is about a skeptical girl who is forced to believe when she suddenly becomes the 'chosen one' to protect a very special bud from dying or turning into evil. 










Similarities:

-It’s a 3D movie for the family.
-They revolve around the father-daughter relationship theme.
-Animal sidekicks trying to be funny.
-A little romance between adventures.
-Pretty fantasy worlds.
-Happily ever after endings.

The bottom line, The Croods is way better than Epic.

"REALLY!?!?"

"WOAH? Ouch..."


Why? Because it caught me off-guard and exceeded my expectations. I was expecting I clumsy caveman movie…and it was, except that their clumsiness was appealing in a way that it made me laugh a couple of times throughout the movie. They created really picturesque worlds and animal high-breeds, the walking whale being my favourite. They had scenes that made me laugh, and some made me utter “nice!”

Look at the worlds that The Croods present:




One of the amazing animals the creators thought of, a walking whale!


Epic lost simply because it takes a lot to live up to its claim. For something to be titled Epic, it will have to blow me off my mind with visual presentations, creative concepts, cool characters, and a stunning story line. Well…everything fell off proportion as all I can say is, “Meh...” I mean, the story was predictably cliché like some Disney flop. Unlike The Croods, they were afraid to make their characters look silly, always have to be prim and proper like a Disney Princess. For something entitled Epic, it surely is leaning to mediocrity that they should not have called is as such.


"That bad, huh?"

No comments: