Friday, July 5, 2013

Pet Peeve #11



Of course I blame the government for many things, depriving us from the comforts that industrial countries experience, but I know my misery is not their fault. If anything, I have every right to blame myself for my self-inflicted bitterness. I hate people who point their fingers at the government for their unemployment, when in fact incompetence or real effort could be the true factor. A man screams, "I'm poor because the government doesn't give me money or a job or a house or food or education or healthcare or clothing for free!" Tragically, this is the very man who sits on the streets scratching his head and gambles the day away, then drinks until pathetic come nightfall. Of course we can blame the government for a lousy urban planning and terrible benefits, but we can't just keep on pointing at them until our hair turns grey. After all, if you yourself know that this country is a little more on the hopeless side and know that the government is mostly to blame, you can just sit and die waiting or do something since you're part of the society that comprises this bittersweet country.

No comments: