Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's with the Cookie Butter?



With the dawn of the Speculoos Cookie Butter so did the invention of anything-involving-the-cookie-butter-flavor. I've seen it turn into cupcakes, gelato, lattes, waffles, crepes, and even cookies! So, why the sudden fame? Go figure...



I suppose I can describe the taste as nostalgic above that soothing gooey texture that envelopes your mouth like most spreads. My friend bought a jar, I ate a couple of spoonfuls and slathered it all over my waffles, but didn't buy one because besides the fact that it tastes like those liquefied animal cookies my lola used to feed me I didn't really know what to do with it. And a jar costs a whooping Php450!!! The Biscoff Spread is a little sweeter compared to Speculoos, while the Marshmallow Fluff tastes like royal icing but very dense. If you eat enough of those stuff your teeth are sure to fall off. Oh yeah, the Marshmallow Fluff costs Php250.

I bought them at  Milky & Sunny located somewhere in Kapitolyo. The place itself was a little sad to write about as I am one very unsatisfied customer, but that's for another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trader Joe's
Speculoos Cookie Butter

Variants / Flavors
- Creamy
- Crunchy (4 Jars Available) P450
- Cookie & Cocoa Swirl (5 Jars Available) P450
- Cocoa Almond

S O L D
- 1 Cookie and Cocoa Swirl
- 1 Cookie and Cocoa Swirl


Authentic
Imported USA
Brand New

Pick-Up
- Home Address (Profile)

Meet-Ups
- Cash & Carry Mall (Buendia Makati)
- SM Hypermarket (Buendia / South Super Hi-way)

FB: ghielovesbabydrew

09063348516