Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Burger Project




The thing I loved about the place, more than the burger, was the playlist. The best part about hanging out with friends for a meal on a gloomy weather is having good background music. We stayed on a lot longer than expected for that very reason. When asked who was responsible for the Indie-Rock-Acoustic-Pop playlist, they said it was the owner of the shop who did the bidding. Kudos to you oh proficient music lover!

Oh yeah…the food…it was a challenge when they first handed out a questionnaire for you to customize your order. The hardest part was naming your burger in a unique fashion because the server actually calls out the name you bestow upon your burger. I suggest you name the burger HOHAOBFVJKS when you do, just to challenge the server. You can design a burger worth Php.500 or just go with the Php.75 tofu burger that comes with a free sesame seeded bun, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles. If you are one of those unfortunate souls who always regret his/her decision after the order, then they have ready-made designer burgers catered to every taste.








The thing that makes this place special is that you get to choose from an array of toppings, from the basic bacon down to the not-so-typical choice like mango salsa. During our visit, genius as I am, I ate a burger before coming here so I ended up craving for anything but. I did get to sample my friends’ burger though, and I concentrated more on the beef patty that they used. It was juicy but lacked seasoning, thus this is where your topping-decision-making comes into play.

I got the buffalo wings which were buttery and not spicy on my palette at all. The drinks I should recommend because it’s good, really good. The strawberry shake I ordered reminded me of my childhood, and the iced tea was also refreshing with a hint of calamansi and dalandan. I wasn’t so crazy about the sweet potato fries though, it was a little dry.

The place was nice; it was never crowed from the time we arrived until we left. Seats were fast-food friendly, and the staff were okay. Not much to complain about—and did I mention I love their playlist?







38 Jupiter St. corner Planet St.
Makati City

No comments: