Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recipe: Orange Cupcake



There's a horror to baking for many reasons, my top two is having to be precise with the recipe and that 90% chance of turning it into a flop. The need to measure ingredients and being careful with the temperature of the oven is always a make or break for me. Thus, I am open to the option of using a ready-mix as the chances of failing is greatly reduced to 50%. The best thing about ready-mix products is that it was made to simplify your life but gives you the option of adding a flare to it. In this case, I wanted to make it an orange glazed cupcake cake. Yes, I'm so lazy that I poured the entire batter in a single pan instead of making individual cupcakes. I'm sharing this recipe because it's not good enough to sell, plus I'm bored. 






Cupcake

Ingredients:

1 Pack of ready-mix yellow cupcake mix (I suggest sponge cake or pound cake mix will do better in this recipe)
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
Some Orange Zest
Some drops of Orange Oil Essence

Procedure:

Just do what the box tells you, but substitute water with freshly squeezed orange juice then add the orange zest and essence to the batter. 




Orange Glaze

Ingredients:

Chopped Orange (with the skin and all)
Fresh Orange Juice
Orange Zest
Sugar
Butter

Procedure:

Mix them all in a saucepan and adjust the proportions accordingly to your taste. Yes, I did not measure, I simply did trial-and-error. It turned out well, so just hope yours does too. I suppose it's a 1:1 ratio for the sugar and orange juice...but I'm not sure. Just boil them all together until it thickens up and you think it's perfect.




Make sliced and grated orange zest for variation.


Put lots of orange zest in the batter.


Chop at least half an orange for the glaze. Yes, don't peel it.


Then boil it all together like making marmalade.

This is my version of a cupcake, big as pie.

Pour on the glaze while it's hot and make it look pretty.


Enjoy it with coffee!

No comments: