Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tea Tap Cafe



These pictures date back October 22, 2011...it was Saturday that day, a time when the milk tea craze was still at large, and days when I'm still innocent of the term quarter-life-crisis.  Those were the days that I still found the energy to walk all day and not feel so much pain in my shin at the end of the day--wait--that was less than two years ago. ARGHHHH! 

All that I will write will be from my memory of what happened that day...I remembered a couple of things:

1. The place made me look forward to more milk tea places to pop up with nice calming interiors. 

2. The tip bin made me so happy that day...actually, it was one of the reasons why we went there in the first place.

3. Tea Tap, I realized then, is located in a place where there are lots of restaurants around as well as other milk tea places.

4. They sell cutesy stuff, some with cats on them.

5. The term "Keep Calm" was fairly uncommon then.

6. The milk tea I drank was the best tasting milk tea I had so far. It tasted full-bodied, one so good that the taste of strong black tea flavor still haunts the other milk teas I've been drinking to this day.

7. I remember thinking to myself how much I want to go back there several times since that faithful day...but I never did. Why? It's too far away.

8. There's a recurring theme of cats throughout the fairly big space.

Having said that, and also knowing that the owner of Tea Tap and Kozui is one, I wish he considers opening a branch somewhere closer to those living in the southern part of the metro--The Fort area would be just perfect! 












Tea Tap Café
Ongpauco Sisters Bldg. P. Guevarra
cor. Wilson St., San Juan, Metro Manila

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend loves tea. She introduced me to blooming tea a few months ago. She lived overseas in Singapore, China and Japan. So she told me all about it and tea houses and ceremonies. Pretty cool! The blooming tea! She and I went a British Tea Party not to long ago. It was British Tea so we had to wear hats, etc. My vintage blue hat won "BEST HAT" out of 400 people. WoW! and I won the table prize. Spa stuff. So yes love tea, but I love coffee more.

Rose said...

Wow! Congrats on that win! I was able to try blooming tea several years ago at Kuppa and it tasted very herby-florally-earthy that I settle for loose tea leaves these days, but the British Tea thing with the fancy hat is something I can look forward to someday. :) And yes, the question "coffee or tea?" is always a problem me. </3