Thursday, January 21, 2016

Morganfield's at Uptown BGC





After several failed attempts, we finally made it for dinner at Morganfield's. One dilemma why it took a while was because I always forget to check the map where Uptown is...now I know where it is and how it looks like. I like it. We got there after dining at Le Petit Souffle and having a huge cup of coffee at Costa...so we were kinda (still) hungry but our taste buds weren't up for too much flavor overload. 

To start with, Uptown mall is undone, to the degree wherein whole sections were closed so there's nothing to see except dine at the few restos that are already open and buy groceries at the crowd-free Rustan's Supermarket (seriously, we were only five customers inside.) The mall is really promising though, with its wood-inspired interiors and huge fountain upfront...not to mention the shops and restaurants queuing to open.


Apple Strawberry Mojito (Php160) tasted okay...lacks minty taste.
  

We arrived with a fullhouse, so we were stuck to sit outside, which is okay because the view was nice...although I wish I got to take a photo of the wood-paneled-pig-painted-warm-lighted interior...but well...I'll be back anyway, so no biggy. There was a fireworks display at Valkyrie that night as well, that made it less of a hassle to get out of my seat and stare into the sparkling sky.

I was looking forward to drinking a good mojito, and the server suggested the Apple Strawberry Mojito since I didn't want the apple nor the virgin mojito. It tasted okay...it was just okay. Not too much kick, not too much flavor...too much apple bits. Urgh...I've been frustrated with the mojitos I've been drinking lately, it's sad.



Pulled Pork (Php290) It was really good at the first few bites, but then nakakaumay.


And since there were only three of us with not enough stomach room and willingness to pay for the ribs, we got the cheaper options instead...by that I mean the one closest to P300 (Arggggghhh! I burned money on food that day again.) 

I ordered the Footlong Chilidog (Php320) as seen on the first photo. First thing I asked, what brand they were using...when the sever said it was in-house I decided to give it a try. Despite the sloppy presentation, it had a good bite to it and complemented well with the chili...although it wasn't kicking enough for me. The term would be, well balanced. I consumed the entire thing and the food was up to my neck. 

As for the pulled pork sandwich, it was really rich with too much meat on the buns plus the cheese...that even if the pork was really good, I couldn't take more than two bites off my friend's order even if she was offering me a quarter of it.

The fries was good through, it was thick-cut and un-soggy. All three of us enjoyed the pork and beans because of that sweet-spicy combo to it. It tasted like Heinz pork and beans cooked with red onions and bacon added to it were either paprika or chili powder to make a little more addicting.





On a side note, I read something typical of me during my high school days on my journal dated January 21, 2004.

"While I was watching Lord of the Rings, I was holding this piece of paper which felt like a receipt, so I tore it in half, then tore it in half the second time...then I wondered why on earth would I be holding a receipt?! When I looked at it, it was my Science reviewer!!!" 

Yeah...I was pretty spaced out back in the day. Not sure if it actually got better or worse as years progressed... 


Second Floor, Uptown Place Mall,
36th Street Corner 9th Avenue,
Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig City

No comments: