Thursday, December 20, 2012

About: A Late Introduction

I know I've always been late for different things and many reasons. It's my daily ritual to be late for work at least 4-5 days a week...which is everyday if I don't get lucky with the traffic. I hate the idea of rushing myself, and I definitely hate the idea of being too early (unless the meeting place is a coffee shop.) My concept of good timing is either be less than five minutes early or be a little late, but not so late that you become an ass--YES! I'm talking to you people who don't have the common decency of ignoring the concept of Filipino time--I for one find it non-existing. I cannot say that I often make excuses for being late, as for me, it is often a choice.

I think it's only proper for every blogger to explain what her blog is all about to set things straight to her audience and ward off any confusion for those who plan to regularly check for updates.

Sometimes I have to deny that I'm lazy because I want to juggle so many tasks that I end up doing none because the thought has overwhelmed me. So many instances wherein I set a day to get everything done then cancel it the minute after because...okay, I think I'm lazy. But hey! Looking back at life, I think I've done a lot, despite the fact that I could have done more, because I easily get bored of doing the same things over and over. One thing I will not deny though is that I've got a terrible-aweful-shameful grasp on memory that it has gotten me so much down time due to its sadistic nature. I remember being scolded at on so many occasions even before reaching puberty because I forget so many things at the same time. So sorry if I don't call you by name--I've probably forgotten what it was. I know I easily get distracted, but deep down, I know it's genetic.

So...before I forget and everyone thinks that I'm doing a food blog...well you're darn wrong! Though partially right...still, let me explain!

This is a personal blog that I'm doing, mostly I'll be talking about cafes though. A means to share my thoughts and experiences that tackles on the subjects that I like and of course, things I could bother to write about. Obviously, I love dining out, in cafes most especially because of my love for sweets and my need for caffeine. I'm a cafe hunter (if ever there's such a word.) But this is really a personal blog about what goes on in my head and out of it; those I can share and those thoughts that couldn't fit in my journal. This is an extension of my journal...a detailed write up about what cannot fit in those small spaces on my daily planner, yet also a less explicit execution of my thoughts. This will become my new go-to place whenever I want something written and not drawn. I know I'm an artist and I'm suppose to draw a lot...but after years of doing just that, I found my refuge in writing as a break from what I regularly do. Besides, words can paint a better picture in ones imagination than an actual painting because there is no limit to the canvas. Words can go further and create a world entirely out of context. That, and that it's also easier to use a keyboard than to pick up an actual brush. I've always been fascinated by lines and the words that come out by connecting a few of it is something that drives me page after page of aimless scribbles. This blog will be those scribbles typed into a more readable thought...my handwriting may be bad, but I try to make it so for me to descipher that it's mine.

Eight years ago I began writing my journal in a notebook...the first was a Bugs Bunny the second was Tasmanian Devil. Sometimes I wrote two pages of journal, and at times half a page. After three years I felt detached to the simplistic nature of how my journal looked like, so I switched to a planner five years ago. Then a few years back, I did livejournal entries online but ended up forgetting my password...this time, I'm doing a blog to store my memories in a more accessible form. I suppose age has its ways of letting you be more confident about expressing nonsense. This is my proof.

Why My Bittersweet Cafe you say?

Cafes are places where people can comfortably hang out for hours and is a good escape for some. For now, this is my escape from my fantasy and my glimpse of reality...or it could be the other way around on occasion. Well...for those who don't know, my highest aspiration is having my own cafe someday. I'm working on it during my spare time actually, the menu and brand concept...but there's still a lot of things missing...like actual execution. Anyway, my parents are partial to the idea because I haven't told them what my real plan is, I just tell them I want a coffee shop. So, in the process of fulfilling that aspiration, so far this is what I have, an online blog that will take me around different cafes and the feeling is bittersweet. I don't plan to call my cafe Bittersweet because I think there's already one, but I do intend to make the cafe happen. I don't know exactly when, but until then, this are my bittersweet cafes.

This blog, my blog, is a package of me...my interests, likes and dislikes; the places I've been to, and the music I listen to; the movies I've seen, and the food I've eaten. This is a personal blog because these words are my thoughts, and those pictures are my memories. These are the things I hear from people close to me, or read from the things that matter. These are the stories running through my head when I sit silent and stare into nothing. This will show my progress through the days that will teach me how great the world we live in and how lucky we are to have the ability to share it.

No comments: