Saturday, October 18, 2014

Snippets: Korean Cold Noodle Soup



This is one of the more unusual Korean food that I tasted...actually it's not that unusual at all, it's more of what-you-see-is-what-you-get kinda dish, and it tasted like nothing. There was no dimension of flavor and the soup was iced (it melted out by the time I took the photo) and it tasted like unsalted vermicelli with kelp, cucumber, scrambled eggs and chili dipped in water, not the usual Korean dishes I'm used to eating in restos. But the color of the dish is very Korean though with the usual green, red, and yellow color-combination. 

The photo was taken not very far from where I live...quite a surprise to know that there's actually a Korean community here since I barely see them around. It was one of their Christian church festivals that we decided to crash to eat some homemade dishes. There were a couple of good ones, and there were ones like these. It's actually almost a year since I took this photo and I'm looking forward to the next one!  

No comments: