Sunday, February 2, 2014

Grams Diner at BGC



Some restaurants are better when you look at them from the outside in. Such is the case with Grams Diner at Fort as I've always been attracted with the lights that looked like fireflies behind the glass window, but when I came in not so long ago I was underwhelmed by the interior of the place. It was rather...just okay. I mean, sure it had this black and red color-combo that gave it the diner look, but it just didn't work for me. 



As for the food, it was greasy and didn't do my excitement justice. It tasted so homemade that made it predictable and uninteresting. The thing that made me like their Grams Burger was actually the bun. Yes, just the bun. The patty was sloppy in a way that the meat used was not lean so the fat just dripped and the flavor was more on the oily side...almost porky in a way.

Now, I can't really make sudden conclusions since I only ate the Grams Burger with the side of deep fried battered onion which was good that I stuffed it in the burger to better the taste. It tastes good with beer, but it's also really oily. We didn't really hang around for a long time since I had the sudden craving for a sundae hot fudge after the meal.



The inside was nice, but it looks prettier at night.

Their focal wall that looks nice only if you stand 20 feet away.

Their menu that has a magazine-like layout.

Grams Classic Burger (Php275.00) with a side of onion fritters.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I lost my liking for Gram's pancakes because the pancakes shrank half the size from what it used to be. :/

Rose said...

:(