Friday, April 21, 2017

Coffee Project in Taguig



It has come to my attention that it's been a while since I last posted an entry about a coffee shop...oops. And so what a relief it was to see this cafe pop up close to home after months of being away from the metro. I have been meaning to go to Alabang just to try the place...because again of the interior, but one scorching hot summer day─yesterday─I saw the name COFFEE PROJECT embossing out the wall of what used to be an appliance area of All Home, just above CBTL. Apparently, it's a Villar-owned coffee chain that aims to grab a niche from Starbucks and CBTL as evidence shows. Now I'm not into the coffee-shop-cliche-looking logo, but the warm ambiance plus the strong-enough coffee base of the drink that I ordered got me. Plus, it's hipsterrr-ish. I like it.




It was so bright and sunny that day that I'm glad their cafe is a little dim inside.


I've been meaning to go to their cafe since 2014...three years after, I did it.


Ca Phe Sua Da is strong Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk over crushed ice.


First impressions: vintage bicycles hanging upfront(), Instagram-worthy nooks(), vertical garden(), random greeneries all around(), industrial lighting(), brick wall(), wood elements(), black painted steel elements(), random quotes and decals(), mismatched seating(), quirky random rustic objects lying around(), chalkboard-looking menu board(), all-organic menu(X), indie background music(Xbecause they were playing jazz when I went. And for the record, I know √ is a mathematical symbol for square root...I just can't find an easy enough alt code for a check mark. 

When you enter and look at the showcase, immediately you will be reminded of Starbucks because of the display of donuts, cakes, danish, and sandwiches. Then there's the drink selection that includes the elusive but really delicious Vietnamese coffee and Ca Phe Sua Da. And although it took them a good 10-minutes to remember that they had forgotten to serve my order, the coffee kick was enough to accept the apology of the barista. They also have short orders that include pasta, salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items.

It's a place where you can have an intimate conversation with a friend or sit and have some alone time. There's enough space between tables for some privacy, except when a group of women decides to talk boisterously like they were ten yards apart from each other (true story). It's like a combination of Starbucks (menu and price range) and Le Petite Souffle (interior-wise because of the tree and window-like shutters). Other than that, I'd go back...definitely. 



I love this wall feature. Unfortunately, it's their restroom wall. 

I don't like the smell of their deodorant in the CR though. It didn't completely
neutralize the smell of the urinal. Hope they look into this.

Coffee Project
2F All Home, Vista Mall
 Cayetano Ave., Taguig City
7am - 11pm


No comments: