Wednesday, February 22, 2017

QLC Moment #06



I went out for dinner with a friend last week, from a simple catch up we ended up drinking six glasses of beer. Why? Other than the fact that we've come into terms that [some] craft beers actually taste good and not just some seawater piss with a bitter aftertaste, we reached a point in our conversation that made us go─OMG WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY LIFE!?!? We are past the mid-twenties age, practically about to depart for the thirties stage , yet there we were without a proper course and direction. And while we see our batchmates posting about getting engaged, tying the knot or starting a family; about half of them pursuing their dreams abroad, there we were, back in our hometown, panicking. 

In between our plans of partnering up for a future business venture, she told me that she was torn with the decision of either pushing through with the solo business she had been planning for some months now or wait for a call from a company that she had been wanting to try out for quite some time. It was when I was driving her home when she blurted, "I really don't know if this is a sign or a test. Just about every time I am set to make a life-changing decision some sort of distraction comes up, and it's been setting me back a couple of times. I can't decipher what the universe is trying to tell me." 

I couldn't agree more. It's happened to me more often than I want it to, and it seriously changes the game, from something simple and a supposed straightforward decision it suddenly becomes this confusing struggle of weighing certain events whether to take it as a sign or a test. The two are very different things that can cause serious delays if taken the wrong way. Years of your life could turn into empty yieldings if wrongly interpreted. It's a frustrating situation to be in, no joke. It made me think about what my brother mentioned several weeks earlier, firmness and discernment is key to overcoming indecision. Deep gut feeling and proper meditation plus research can give you plausible answers, sometimes; as people's opinions tend to add chaos to the confusion.

We met again the other day. She was distraught at the curveball life threw at her. On the day that she made the decision that she was going to push through with the business, the company called...she got the job. 


No comments: